Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Something's happening

Something's happening. I'm not sure what it will look like exactly, but I feel a shift happening in my life. While I still feel passion for issues in women's health, public health, and all things birth and breastfeeding, I'm not so sure I want to be working tirelessly on these issues for my career.  At the same time, while I thought I'd feel as though I wanted and needed to be home less as my children grow bigger, I feel just the opposite. As my oldest entered Kindergarten this year, I have felt the need to be the one dropping her off and picking her up from school most days, hearing those first few sentences reviewing her day's successes.  One more shift is occurring at the same time (and this one scares me quite a bit): I think my obsession with home interiors and design blogs, is not just a hobby.  There. I said it.

I feel these three things pulling me toward a more creative career, one that is lighter and prettier, more fun and less serious.

We'll see where this leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment